The goal of the Remember Us Project is to have each bar or bat mitzvah student remember one individual child lost in the Holocaust. In support of this, we provide the following printed materials.
Instructions are provided through brief, simple materials for the teacher, the family, and the student. For all denominations:
- Sample Memorial Page containing the name of one lost child and biographical information.
- Sample Invitation: For congregations that direct students and families to the online name request.
- Sample Message About Registering A Name: For congregations that distribute memorial directly to students.
- Parent Guide: A three-page guide for parents to help with their child's participation, including suggestions for family acts of remembrance.
- Personalized Pamphlet – Limud: Customized tri–fold pamphlet to order which explains your child’s commitment to remembrance. You can order as many as you need to share with guests at your simcha. See Sample Pamphlet.
- Certificate of Participation – Kavod: You can order a personalized Certificate to honor your child’s participation in Remember Us, and their new role as a guardian of Jewish memory. See Sample Certificate.
- Order Form for Personalized Materials: After you have reviewed the samples above, use the online order form to request personalized materials. For bar/bat mitzvah scheduled less than two weeks from the order date, please call Elly Cohen at 415-265-9801 to place an order.
Please feel free to contact us for more information.